Welcome to Menstuff
Finding a counsellor or coach can often be a huge hurdle in itself, often at those times when we may find ourselves facing our greatest challenges. Concerns about confidentiality and trust can often be present, which means you may not always want to ask someone you know for a referral. You also want to ensure that the coach or counsellor that you choose has professional training, is a member of relevant professional associations and operates with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Counselling and Coaching can be powerful ways to find a solution.
Because of the way that society often functions many men may have never learnt how to seek help, or to deal with the layers of thoughts and feelings that arise when they feel stressed. And many women are unsure how to connect with the men in their lives at these times.
At Menstuff you do not need to have any experience with coaching or counselling, or even be able to fully understand your situation. We can help you to explore what is happening and find a way forward ... find a solution ... possibly one that you may have not even considered.
But YOU do have a choice. YOU can choose to invest in your own wellbeing and in the wellbeing of those in your life. YOU can choose to find assistance to help get things back on track.
How to Choose a Coach or Counsellor
It is very important that you choose to work with a coach or counsellor that you can relate to and who you feel can help you.
When looking for a coach or counsellor it is useful to consider the following:
• Are they qualified? Have they trained as a coach or counsellor?
• Are they a member of a professional association? Professional associations usually require high levels of training and/or experience, have a code of conduct to ensure their members operate in a professional manner, ensure that their members have professional insurance, and most importantly that members are involved in ongoing training and professional development
• Do they have experience working with the kinds of issues that you want to see them about?
• What sort of framework or techniques do they use? Do they just offer a ‘talking’ service or are they able to use other techniques such as body-oriented processes? Do they just work with the mind or do they work with all parts of you – your mind, your body, your emotional and spiritual aspects too?
• Do you feel comfortable with them?
• Do you feel you can trust them to talk about your stuff?
• Do you have an opportunity to talk to them before deciding to buy their services?
Menstuff Coaching and Counselling Can Assist Men & Young Men With:
Creating a Meaningful Life:
• Achieving Your Potential
• Understanding What is Holding You Back
• Work-Life Balance
• Better Relationships
• Increasing your sense of wellbeing and reducing stress
• Teenagers emerging into manhood
Challenging Behaviours and Feelings such as:
• Feeling Stuck or Out of Control in Your Life
• Feeling Like Something is Missing in Your Life
• Depression and Anxiety
• Feeling stressed
• Risky behaviour
Addictions or Compulsive Behaviours such as
• porn or sex addictions
• gaming addiction
• internet/online addictions such as facebook addiction, snapchat addiction, dating site addiction, etc.
Major life transitions such as:
• Relationship Breakdown, Separation and Divorce.
• Mid-life Transitions
• Losing Your Job
• Sea/Tree Changes
• Losing a Loved One
For some men, experiencing feelings of depression and anxiety, it can feel like the only option is to cope alone; tough it out and bottle it all up. They don’t ever experience the relief of the hundreds of little conversations that others might have when they “let off steam” with friends... Read More »
A common issue I hear in my client work with men is an expression of confusion, or a state of overwhelm in knowing how to act, or respond, within their relationships. This may be in relation to conflict or difficult scenarios or around establishing and maintaining emotional intimacy, connection and... Read More »
Do you feel overwhelmed? Has overwhelm been a familiar feeling throughout your life, or perhaps it is something that has arisen more recently? Either way, it can have a significant impact on your sense of well being, ability to engage with others, or even to remain effective at home, school,... Read More »